If you are above 18 and have an interest in cars, you must have to have a driving license especially for driving in Dubai. But to get a license, you have to pass related exams and that’s why the first thing you need to know is driving. Now, it is always better to learn anything from the domain expert. That’s why the driving school/institutes. They will not only make you learn how to drive but also make you aware of the traffic rules and all other necessary rules and safety measures that need to be taken care of. From the safety point of view, you may also like to check How to drive a car – A complete guide.
There are a lot of such driving schools/institutes available which can really take care of this pretty well. However, if you are in Dubai, there are a lot of schools/institutes and so driving in Dubai becomes even easier. But many times, you may need to change the driving school such as:
- Maybe the school is a bit far away from you
- Maybe, you don’t find the trainer familiar/comfortable (which normally never happens)
- Maybe the fees (cost for the driving class) is too high
- Maybe the duration is a bit longer (mostly the duration is fixed though) or you need it as soon as possible
- Maybe you couldn’t pass the exam and want to try out some other institutes, etc
The reasons can be many, but let’s see what are the basic requirements needed to join a driving school especially driving in Dubai
Basic requirements for driving in Dubai
- A valid passport copy of Dubai residence visa
- An original file with valid L.P. from the traffic department
- 2 passport size photographs
- Letter from previous driving school along with NOC
Well, you may encounter many queries related to driving in Dubai or driving license in Dubai. So, let’s discuss some of them below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible for a beginner/student to get a license from the respective institute for driving in Dubai?
This depends on his/her performance as per the training course. In another way, training may be applied on the basis of the student’s performance.
- Do the normal driving license and the desert driving licenses are different?
Yes! They are different. One is not allowed for driving in Dubai in the desert with his/her normal driving license. Only the tourism agencies have permission to do so.
- If you have a driving license from some other country, will that help in driving in Dubai by any chance?
Yes! Definitely, you will get some advantages. If your driving license is 2-5 years old, then you will have to go through 15 hours of driving training instead of 20 hours. Similarly, if your driving license is older than 5 years, you just have to go through the training for only 10 hours.
- How can I learn driving in UAE?
Well, there are many driving schools especially, the Emirates Driving Institute (EDI) provides the best driving training along with the authorized driving license. Once you get it, you are all set for driving in Dubai.
- Which one is the best driving school in Dubai?
There are many. Some of them are:
- Galadari Motor Driving Center
- Dubai Driving Center
- AI Ahli Driving School
- Emirates Driving School, etc.
However, the Emirates Driving Institute (EDI) provides the best driving training along with the authorized driving license.
Hope this helps. For more information please check out Emirates Driving Institute
Have a wonderful, fun, and safe drive…